Commercial Registration Directorate
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
- Responsible for the issuance of commercial licenses and collection of commercial regulation fees in accordance with the rule and regulations for Commercial.
- Processing of new commercial licence applications and requests for amendments and cancellations.
- Co-ordinating with other Government bodies concerned regarding commercial licences and following up to insure the completion of procedures for the issuance of the final registration document.
- Following up the collection of the commercial registrations renewal fees.
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of all relevant information related to commercial registration including details of the registration holders , business locations and the business activities approved to be carried on under the licence.
- Providing individuals , organization and government bodies with true copies and other required documentation concerning commercial licensing as included in the database.
- Issuance of periodical reports on commercial licenses , fees collected and other relevant new information using the database.
- Preparing economic studies on the general situation of commercial sector in the country and submitting recommendations for policy changes required for the future development of the commercial sector.
- Conducting periodical inspections on all commercial establishment in the country to ensure their compliance with laws and regulations in force.
- Supervising the implementation of the new Commercial Registration Computer System in co-ordination with Central Informatics Organization.
- Co-ordinating with relevant Government bodies concerning the exchange of information through the computer network.
- Developing new procedures and regulations for future improving commercial registration services and produces in lines with the needs of the economic development of the country.