Industrial Development Directorate
- To develop and diversify industrial investment and woo new highly competitive investments of with an edge over competitors.
- To develop industrial activities by formulating and devising motivating programmes for investors and industrial schemes which encourage the integration of the productive base in the Kingdom and link it regionally and internationally.
- To develop and upgrade the industrial performance and transfer industrial technology through a well-studied plan focusing on quality management.
- To achieve industrial co-ordination and integration with the GCC countries and co-operate with scientific and educational institutions in the region and abroad in order to upgrade and develop the industrial sector.
- To develop and promote exports and open new markets for them.
- Develop the industrial activity by initiating & implementing projects & programs that will integrate and broaden the production base in the Kingdom and create new activities that have social and economical effects.
- Promote industrial investment opportunities to stimulate and attract local, regional and international investments.
- Encourage the transfer of technology, the adoption of quality management systems, the improvement of production and logistics approaches etc, to develop the performance of industrial companies in all sectors and increasing their competitiveness in the market.
- Evaluate regularly the performance of the existing industries in Kingdom and identify improvement areas. Provide managerial, technical and economic consultations in coordination with external consultants to improve their performance and competitiveness in the local, regional and international markets.