Small Industries and Craft Directorate
- To create a conducive policy environment for the development, sustenance and growth of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and handicrafts.
- To enhance the contribution of SMEs to the national economy and boost their added value.
- To promote the development of knowledge based SMEs.
- To spread the handicrafts and entrepreneurial culture in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Support first generation entrepreneurs through training and other measures.
- Provide technical, managerial and marketing skills for the growth and expansion of small and medium & craft industries.
- Develop clusters and encourage business net working amongst SMEs.
- Develop financial support programs to boost the access of small and craft industries to institutional credit.
- Prepare specialized marketing programs for small, medium and craft industries.
- Facilitate SMEs in developing subcontracting linkages and capability to supply parts, components and services to large domestic firms and other industries in GCC.
- Encourage franchising activity and disseminate information on franchising opportunities.
- Encourage increased use of ICT in products and manufacturing processes as well as use of e-commerce by SMEs to access international markets and reduce transaction costs.
- Provide web based consultancy and advisory support to SMEs.
- Set up common facilities and shared services to up grade the crafts sector.