1. Work towards creating a favourable climate and environment to make Bahrain a regional centre for e-commerce and Information technology.
2. Coordinate all efforts and programs of the various departments within the Ministry of Industry and Commerce and other government entities, such as the development of policies and procedures on data protection and consumer protection issues related to Electronic Commerce through close cooperation and coordination with the Directorate of Consumer Protection at the ministry, societies, and other involved committees.
3. Develop relationships and strategic alliances with any party, whether from the public sector or the private sector inside or outside the Kingdom of Bahrain in order to develop programs designed to intensify the use of Electronic Commerce and Information Technology to enhance the status of the Kingdom as being the best option to practice e-business.
4. Participate in the process of developing laws, decrees and standards relating to Electronic Commerce and Information Technology in the Kingdom of Bahrain with the relevant authorities in the light of developments in legislation, principles and methods applied at local, regional and international levels.
5. Monitor, analyze policies, report and make recommendations in the area of Electronic Commerce and Information Technology and their impact on the performance of the Commercial and Industrial sectors in Bahrain.
6. Coordinate and exchange of information with various international organizations on matters relating to intellectual property for Electronic Commerce and Information Technology.
7. Manage, develop and modernize the Ministry's website: www.moic.gov.bh in accordance with the latest technological offerings available in this area and to achieve optimum utilization of available resources.
8. Study and provide the infrastructure needs of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce on a regular basis through the modernization, installation, operation, support and maintenance of information systems and databases, in addition to providing fixed and mobile computers for employees in line with the IT policy of the Ministry.
9. Supervise and prepare programs, seminars, conferences, and events to educate individuals and the private sector and develop their abilities to participate in the dissemination and adoption of e-commerce applications in their dealings.
10. Educate students and the emerging generation in e-commerce and encourage them to optimize the safe use of its various applications through close cooperation and coordination with the educational bodies and professionals in the Kingdom.